Follow our adventures in York, England where Vicki will be teaching Hope College Management majors at York St. John University.
Friday, October 14, 2011
Finally Dried Out...
Things were a little damp this week, but I think we are now back on track: cool and cloudy, but dry. Except for the fact that my coat and bag never really dried out for two days, the weather didn't cause a problem - it just made it easier to spend time working. I am enjoying my office-mates: two are professors (one in marketing and the other in leadership) and the other two work in the school's business outreach program. The head of the program is Mexican (but speaks with a very British accent); her assistant grew up in Kenya, went to boarding school in England, and lived in Turkey for 10 years before coming to York. So interesting! My Hope students are off to Dublin for the weekend where one of them has a friend who is providing accommodation. They were able to get flights very cheaply - I think their train tickets to the Manchester airport cost more than their plane tickets. I will look forward to their stories. John and I will likely spend the weekend exploring more of the Yorkshire Dales area while the weather holds. We'll see how we feel in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment